Thursday, June 2, 2011

06/13/2006 - Inspiration

ga·ze·bo:
 1.    small building with view: a small, usually open-sided and slightly elevated building, situated in a spot that commands a pleasant view
 2.    sun canopy in garden: a lightweight freestanding open-sided canopy for use in a garden, usually as a sunshade
I saw this old-style large satellite dish turned into a gazebo when I was on a garden crawl in 2006.  When I got home I told my husband we REALLY wanted to have one in our yard, and he posted a "want" on Freecycle.  Within 2 days we had a dish that he took apart and stored in our shed.  Of course it was two years before we actually got our gazebo built, but it's a wonderful addition to our garden.  Every time I see a dish like this forlornly sitting unused on a roof or in someone's yard, I want to knock on their door and share the idea! 

This blog documents the construction of our recycled satellite-dish gazebo, and will hopefully provide inspiration to a few more people!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The newer structure of Gazebo dish is different from the older one. But making the use of this in garden area look best and attractive.
    Satellite Dishes

    ReplyDelete